Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I want to be the new thought inside your head...

Yes, I realize the purpose of this whole blogging exercise was to craft (at least) once a week. Although I haven't been able to maintain that kind of frequency, I have still been working on things... I just didn't have any batteries for the camera.

"So go off to the store and buy some batteries," you say.

Well, I would. I probably should have. The reason I didn't: I purchased a giant pack of Duracell Ultra AA batteries from Costco a number of months ago. I think there are 20 or 25 batteries in said giant pack. I have used a grand total of two, if for no other reason than I have absolutely *no* idea where I put them. Why buy more batteries when you have half a million of your own hiding out somewhere in the house, right? Right. So E. borrowed some from one of our neighbors because there is a truck in our neighborhood that he wanted to take some pictures of (so he could submit them to FAILblog).

And now I can take pictures again. And clean up the house (someday).


I made this almost a month ago, and I still wear it frequently.
That's sadly not alway
s the case as I am a fickle creature with poor short-term memory skills.

The beads are pink, green, and watermelon tourmaline, strung on 19 strand Beadalon. The spacers (which, in retrospect, I probably should have used a few more of but didn't have any on hand) are pewter. I have no idea about the clasp, but they were on sale at JoAnn's and I liked them. Sometimes that's all the reason I need. It matches the bracelet well, and it hasn't turned my wrist an unsightly shade of green, so WIN.

Although the gemstone lore varies from source to source, watermelon tourmaline removes imbalance caused by conflict and confusion. Green tourmaline brings a joy for life and encourages patience and openness, while the pink alleviates stress and obsessive behavior.

(And it's awfully pretty.)

This is the second multi-strand bracelet I've made so far (the first is two strands of faceted garnets), and I really like how they're chunky yet delicate. I fought the urge to go over to Bead Palace this afternoon since I figure paying for a new title/license plate/registration for the car was probably enough money to drop in one day... now it's time to throw in some laundry and pick up some of my mess. I'll try to post one of the FAILtruck pictures a little later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment